How Important is Your Company’s Logo?
The simple truth is that if you have a company you need a logo for it. A company logo (versus just having a name) makes your company far more memorable and sets it apart. Think Nike, Apple, or Mastercard. If you see the logo you know the company — you don’t even need to hear the name. Those are successful logos, and that is the statement that you want for your business as well. A logo is a design that is often, although not always, incorporated into your business’s name. It’s a way of making your company quickly recognized and easily remembered.
A few things to look for in a good logo:
- Statement: you want a design that is easy to remember. You also want it to be unique. You want your logo to represent you.
- Understandable: you want your logo to let people know what you do, so don’t make it confusing. Make sure your logo portrays your company in the correct light.
- Classic: make sure that your logo can stand the test of time. Stay away from anything dated. You don’t want something that is “trendy” that is going to be out in a few years, stick to classic designs that will age well.
A few things to avoid with your logo:
- Unpleasant colors: while it’s not a bad idea to have bright colors, make sure that you avoid anything unpleasant or garish. Neon colors are something not usually recommend in logo design.
- Not accounting for adjusting: there is a good chance that your logo is not only going to be used in the size that you get it in, which is why you receive an editable file. Be sure to think of your logo in all sizes, on a business card or on a billboard. What looks good small might not once it’s enlarged. Be sure to take that into consideration.
- Being a copycat: the worst thing that you can do is have a logo that is too similar to someone else’s. Make sure you don’t have a logo that looks like another logo. You don’t want people confusing your brand with a different company.
Creating a logo is a lot of fun, and here at Giant we can help you in that creative process. The best way to start is to have a vision for what you want, how you want your brand represented, and knowing what to avoid. Let us know what your company is all about, provide any colors and design ideas, and we’ll get to work creating a logo that is timeless, classic, and unique to you.
Whether you already have a vision for what you want, or need an expert opinion on your company’s logo design, Giant can help. Contact us anytime to discuss how we can take your brand identity to the next level.